Most people coming to Seattle will come to the Seattle-Tacoma (SEA-TAC) International Airport (SEA). It is also possible to come by car, train, or bus from Portland (3-5 hours) or Vancouver (2.5-5 hours). Non-stop flights are available from most major cities in North America and many major cities around the world.
Note that it is perhaps a 15-minute walk to the campus housing from the Husky Stadium light rail station.
Several transportation options from the airport to the University District:
- Light rail to Husky Stadium (42 minutes cost $3)
- Taxi (25-30 minutes U District $50)
- Town car (25-30 minutes U District $55)
- Uber or Lyft (variable, but usually $35-40)
University District to Downtown:
- Light Rail from Husky Stadium (8 minutes $2.50)
- Buses to West Campus lodging every 10 minutes (15 minutes $2.50)
Seattle has three bike share companies (Limebike, Ofo, and Spin) that place bikes throughout the city and you can ride a bike for $1 for 1/2 hour or a little more for an e-bike. Download the app if you are interested. Bring your helmet!